Saturday, September 26, 2009

Surprise Visit!

Hanging at the Beach with Shae
Ella J and Adelaide
Daddies and Babies
Ella pretending to be a camel
Cousin Conley and Adelaide hanging out with Scott
Can you believe these cousins are only 7 months apart!Soaking up the Seattle Sunshine . . .aaaah

My big brother Shae and I grew up being the best of friends. He was like one of those storybook "hero big brothers" who always championed your cause no matter what. He gave me one of his favorite Star Wars figures because . . .well because he frankly thought I was the bomb-diggity. And he graciously jumped off the rooftops first when we were testing if umbrellas really helped you fly like Mary Poppins. And as we got older we were the best of friends, we made our rounds through the singing circuit, me accompanying him on the piano and occasionally getting to add a little harmony to his amazing voice! We went dancing together and showed off our amazing country swing skills (we were hicks I know!) My sophomore year of college we got to spend a year at the same college and then again my senior year at ASU, and although he had a hard time sharing our mutual vehicle we had so much fun together and even survived the awfulness of dating each other's friends . . .awkward! I have really been blessed to have such a good friend and even though we live far apart now and our families keep us busy we still try to visit and catch up once a week and share our stories. So when Cathy's family had a reunion up north of Seattle we got to go and see them for a couple hours at Mukilteo Beach before all their family festivities started! It was so good to see them and kiss my niece and nephew. Love you Rohrer family!

2 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

Always fun to see brothers! I miss mine too! Lucky for me, mine just moved closer! He's no longer in Seattle, but in Alamosa, Colorado!

And I don't edit my pictures unless it's to go black and white or put frames around them... then I use photobucket or picnic! :)

ROARleagueOFjustUS said...

Thanks, Sister o' Mine! You are one of my bestest friends in the whole wide. Love you 4eva! So glad you guys made the trek . . .and that your shuttereye is way better than mine! I'm okay with that!