There is a day when you suddenly realize that being a stay at home mom has turned out a lot differently than you expected. That playing with dolls and singing the lyrics, "when I grow up I want to be a mother and have a family, 1 little, 2 little, 3 little babies of my own," was a lot more unequivocal than soothing a teething child or figuring out the proper discipline for a temper tantrum throwing four year old that just kicked the door and yelled, "You're a stupid and Jesus isn't happy with you!" In that very moment of frustration and angst for the loss of self, you begin to see the beauty of what being a mother is all about. It's about:
Giggling and whispering at 6:30 am as your two girls become life long friends
Always having someone to give you a makeover and believing with their whole heart that you are truly "so beautiful!"
Knowing that "going to the mall" really involves remembering where every bathroom and drinking fountain is, knowing exactly where the MRSA infected play place is and allowing your children to play anyway, and of course always having change for the carousel and photo booths!
Knowing that "going to the mall" really involves remembering where every bathroom and drinking fountain is, knowing exactly where the MRSA infected play place is and allowing your children to play anyway, and of course always having change for the carousel and photo booths!
3 comments:
Children are a joy! And yours are adorable! :)
Very profound, I will try and remember that. I will really try. Those two are adorable, and look so much alike. Pretty cute kids!
Can I get an amen my sista!! So true. Thanks for sharing. You're a wonderful momma and your daughters are lucky to have you as a role model.
Post a Comment