Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


As Mothers we are often guilty of putting a little pressure on our dear husbands to get our children geared up with the perfect Mother's Day gifts. We want to be remembered and often that requires telling them to get out and get a gift and make a card or you'll see a very sad mother come Sunday! I didn't have to do any of that this year and Mother's Day was really spectacular, I guess I should learn to trust more! Scott and Avonleah surprised me with a beautiful crown to wear so that I would feel like a queen when I prepared our meal and according to Avonleah when I wear it nothing will get dirty. She truly knows what I love. . .ahhh the obsessive cleanliness desires of my heart! They also surprised me with some shoes which I also have a bit of an obsession with and a wonderful card. Avonleah made this great card in preschool for me and on the first page she drew a portrait of me but I am frowning and have a big circle for my body. . .when I asked her why I was frowning she said, "because you're sad that your big belly won't blow down!" Oh the honesty of children. . I can just imagine what she told her preschool teacher about that one! It was such a fun day though and I did get a royal nap so I am feeling pretty much like a pampered queen still. I couldn't post any of the pictures from Mother's Day because Scott snapped them all when I was nursing Adelaide and well let's just say that my blanket wasn't covering up as much as I thought it was!

Avonleah learned a song in Primary to sing to me but in true Avonleah style she made up her own version and I think she did a super job! Happy Mother's Day to me.

2 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

How sweet! She has the sweetest little voice! Love the picture story! Too funny, and yes they do tell their teachers everything... cause I used to get all those stories from my kids when I was teaching.... If the parents only knew! :)

curly girl said...

That girl makes me laugh out loud! Can I borrow your magic crown sometime? And, can you quote her on that line about "I can do anything you want me to?!" That could come in handy! LOVE the pic she drew...oh my goodness, that girl makes me laugh!!!

And, she is VERY blessed to have you as her momma!!!