


My husband teases me relentlessly about my inability to spend money on well. . almost anything. Last year it took me six months of research to buy a new digital camera. I just couldn't make a big purchase knowing I might get a better price somewhere else, or maybe the refurbished cameras would be just fine, or what if I just wait another week and then there will be a big sell. . . I don't know, perhaps it's the accountant part of me that just can't seem to spend money very easily (not to mention that we still live in a basement and are saving towards the big move out in a month or so!!). So anyway, when I discovered that our little Adelaide is much happier sitting up and facing out than relaxing and laying down like normal 2 month olds (wink wink) I started trolling second hand stores and bargain sites for the amazing
BUMBO seat! No matter what I did I just couldn't find one and of course I had to keep telling Scott about how I saw one for $10 and then when I called the lady it already sold. . .and on and on. He would get so darn frustrated, and finally on Saturday he gets us in the car and he says, "we're going to wait in the car while you run into Target to buy that seat and you better not back out because you can't get back in the car without it." I of course felt guilty the whole time and was standing in the checkout line just imagining that tomorrow the Target ads would come out and there would be a big 15% off sale or something . . . but will you look at the joy on little Adelaide's face . . .so worth the drama! Of course now my saving for a rainy day budget is all messed up!
5 comments:
I can't believe that she can sit up in the BUMBO seat. She seems too little. Amazing! What adorable pictures you took of her. She is so happy sitting up. She looks so proud of herself. See you tomorrow. Or actually today since it is 1:30 am. Oh boy, I have got to go to bed. That is what I get for finally updating my blog.
I'm the same way. If I want something "pricey" I spend forever researching and trying to find the best deal, obessing over it. I don't want to get cheated! But little Adelaide looks so happy on there, I think it was worth whatever it cost ya! ;)
You and Soctt make the cutest kids!! And Adelaide is starting to look more like Aveonleah who happens to be a perfect combination of you both! Hooray for the Bumbo seat! She's adorable and looks oh so happy!
I love a good deal too. It often takes me forever to decide to buy something because I want the best deal. (By the way, I finally decided to go with a refurbished camera and I have been very happy with it.) If I was closer and I would have known, you could have borrowed our bumbo. I think that smile on Adelaide's face is worth the money you spent though and if she is happy in it, then it is worth your sanity.
Look at that GRIN! What a happy girl!
I hear you about sales, etc! One of my mantras is "Never Pay Full Price." :)
(And, for the record, I say nay on the refurbished items. I've never had one work out well. And believe me, I've tried.)
Post a Comment