While the rest of Western Washington was fearing the flooding, the power outages and the winds that plague this time of year Avonleah and I decided to brave the lake depth puddles for some good old fashioned puddle stomping fun! To be honest I stood on the sidelines dripping wet, snapping pictures and laughing while she did all the stomping but I haven't fully committed to Washington by buying adult rain boots yet so cut me a little slack (on a side note, coming from AZ something makes me think that adult rain boots are like ultimately the dorkiest thing I could purchase next to wearing the classic Washington socks and Teva look . . hmmm). Anyway after only about 20 minutes she was soaked from head to toe from running back and forth through the deepest puddle/lake and was having so much fun. When we got inside the house I took off her boot and literally dumped 1/2 cup water out of each one. . .she started giggling and said, "those are lake boots now mom!" I am always amazed at how exhilarating it can be to watch a child enjoy the simple pleasures of life and nature, it somehow renews my spirit of childlike wonder and ignites the spark in me to want to be a more easy going and less structured mother.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Puddles, Puddles, and Lakes
While the rest of Western Washington was fearing the flooding, the power outages and the winds that plague this time of year Avonleah and I decided to brave the lake depth puddles for some good old fashioned puddle stomping fun! To be honest I stood on the sidelines dripping wet, snapping pictures and laughing while she did all the stomping but I haven't fully committed to Washington by buying adult rain boots yet so cut me a little slack (on a side note, coming from AZ something makes me think that adult rain boots are like ultimately the dorkiest thing I could purchase next to wearing the classic Washington socks and Teva look . . hmmm). Anyway after only about 20 minutes she was soaked from head to toe from running back and forth through the deepest puddle/lake and was having so much fun. When we got inside the house I took off her boot and literally dumped 1/2 cup water out of each one. . .she started giggling and said, "those are lake boots now mom!" I am always amazed at how exhilarating it can be to watch a child enjoy the simple pleasures of life and nature, it somehow renews my spirit of childlike wonder and ignites the spark in me to want to be a more easy going and less structured mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How cute, and so much fun! Ya, I wish that we would have needed rain boots when we were little! They are so cute, not so much as an adult though!! :) ha ha
Post a Comment