Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Gratitude




Someone once said, "gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow," I embraced this thought completely the past two days as Scott surprised Avonleah and I with an unexpected and spectacular Thanksgiving mini get-away surprise. I felt extreme gratitude and peace as we spent time together laughing, relaxing and enjoying just being content with our lives for the moment, not needing or wanting anything besides what we had. Avonleah packed her little backpack with amazing gusto as she anticipated her favorite surprise from Daddy . . .as many baths as she wanted & for as long as she wanted. She never complains about having only a shower in our current situation but often tells us how when we get our "new house" she will have one of those big bathtubs with steps that lead up to it right in her bedroom! I swear she spent a total of 4 hours in the bath in just a 24 hour period! I am extremely grateful that the Lord has blessed us with steady employment finally and the patience I have learned while waiting has taught me to more fully appreciate these little miracle surprises that make all the difference. Plus there's nothing like a plushy huge hotel bed with too many pillows, a hot bath, and not having to cook when you're 7+ months pregnant! We love you Scott, thank you.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! I love surprise vacations, aren't they the best...they rank right up there with hour long baths. :)