Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Learn and Grow Preschool



I swore I would never put my children in preschool because I had enough smarts and patience to teach them all their early literacy skills at home prior to beginning school. Well not necessarily because of me but because of her hunger for learning things, Avonleah is well ahead of herself in her early literacy skills. She also has a strike against her being an only child and almost 4 years old and also needs the socialization that playgroups, church and preschool can provide, so I swallowed my pride and enrolled her in this awesome little preschool that my friend Shauna is running. There's only like 6 kids and she's so organized and has it set up so amazing that I just couldn't help myself. I am always a sucker for well planned and OCD style organized things. Yesterday was Avonleah's first day and true to my pregnancy ditzy form I thought it started half an hour later than it did so when we showed up Avonleah said, "Mom, you made me late!" I think it's going to be a really fun adventure for her and I hope I can figure out what to do with a few extra hours to myself each week. . . .

No comments: