Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Scratch that To Do List!


Today was supposed to be the day that I accomplished all 16 things on my to do list, the day when I could mark each thing off with one big black sharpie line and then sit back and exhaustively gloat over how amazing I was to have accomplished EVERYTHING! Instead it started to snow, not only does in never snow in Seattle, it's March for crying out loud, aren't we supposed to be flying kites or picking daffodils by now? It's as if the procrastination Gods spewed forth their evil powers and made it snow so I would have to spend an hour getting Avonleah dressed in her head to toe, self heating, waterproof, ultra snow outfit. And then another hour shivering in the snow while the giant snowflakes fell on me turning my mascara into an endless black river running down my face mixed with the sweet stickiness of watered down hairspray, all the while pretending to want to build a snowman while my fingers froze solid and threatened to crack completely off! Oh and don't forget the next hour spent trying to make her hot chocolate perfectly so it was, "not hot, only kind of warm." But . . .I'd do it all again if only so I could see the pure bliss on her little rosy cheeks and drippy nose as she holds her face to the sky hoping to catch the fluffy flakes on her little tongue. . .In reflection, I did get out of bed and get dressed so I actually did accomplish two things on my to do list . . .maybe tomorrow I'll have better luck in the Sharpie department, or maybe/hopefully it will snow again!

No comments: