
When Avonleah turned three a little devil sitting on her shoulder said, "hey, you should start throwing yourself on the floor kicking and screaming whenever you don't want to do SOMETHING, get really picky about EVERYTHING, occasionally have a meltdown about ANYTHING you want to . . .oh, and refuse to walk or talk like a person, instead bark like a dog, talk in gibberish, and crawl on all fours . . .it also might be fun to change your name everyday and only answer to that name." I anticipated the "terrible twos" and was secretly pleased with my parenting prowess when I supposedly outwitted that phase, I am now kicking myself as we face what can only be known as the "torrentially terrible threes." I am pleased to note that on most days the clouds part and the sunshine rays stream through as a little angel . . .or another devil, depending on your perception, whispers in her other ear and says, "now get up and run to your parents, throw your arms around their necks and shower them with kisses while saying, BUT I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!"

Example of a failed discipline attempt (perhaps you all have some ideas for me?!)
"Avonleah, get your nose in the corner and stay there until you hear the timer beep"
After only about 5 seconds in time out she screams "BEEP BEEP". . . hmmm
1 comment:
yeah....um good luck with that one! It just gets better! Love you!
Post a Comment