Auntie Debra and Grandpa Betts spent two long days making an amazing gingerbread house from scratch , yes homemade gingerbread and edible windows too. I must say that their bold ambitions in this endeavor were amazing. I myself can only pride myself in the pre-made template gingerbread house kits you can buy at Walmart and yet it still turns out looking like a rickety backwoods nightmare. Debra on the other hand made this gorgeous house with a porch, a pond full of penguins, a rocking chair, and amazing intricate details. She let Avonleah hand her the candies. . .ONE AT A TIME. . .what a lesson in patience. I think she ate two candy corns for each one she handed to Debra. They just looked so cute!!
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Auntie Debra and Grandpa Betts spent two long days making an amazing gingerbread house from scratch , yes homemade gingerbread and edible windows too. I must say that their bold ambitions in this endeavor were amazing. I myself can only pride myself in the pre-made template gingerbread house kits you can buy at Walmart and yet it still turns out looking like a rickety backwoods nightmare. Debra on the other hand made this gorgeous house with a porch, a pond full of penguins, a rocking chair, and amazing intricate details. She let Avonleah hand her the candies. . .ONE AT A TIME. . .what a lesson in patience. I think she ate two candy corns for each one she handed to Debra. They just looked so cute!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great pics, Debra outdid herself on this one!!! Very determined person when she decides to be!!! Avonleah was a great help
Not bad for my first attempt at anything like this.
Post a Comment