Thursday, November 8, 2007
November Nonsense!
The days seem increasingly long and lonely when the rain traps you inside and you live in one bedroom of a basement, therefore I thrive on keeping a schedule of daily activities to keep Avonleah and I both busy, sane, and happy! For November I added a daily craft time so we could learn about Thanksgiving, Autumn and all things November! We try to learn all the funny Thanksgiving songs while coloring and cutting and she has decided that the Pilgrims and the "Lamanites" didn't eat their turkey friends because "we only eat chicken, not turkey." Usually it turns into a giant cutting and gluing fest complete with millions of tiny paper scraps glued to the carpet and using the purple glue stick to paint up and down her arms, she's even been known to take a taste of the paint water, but it's fun and it encourages creativity so I feel all "super-mom-ish" in letting it get a bit out of hand. Like allowing cleanliness rules to be bent makes me somewhat more fun and less obsessive!! We also take a trek to the library several times a week for new books and educational videos. This past week Avonleah was super excited because Auntie Debra stopped by and read Avonleah almost every single one of her new library books! 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"where is the paint water Av" Kayrena asks.
"I drank it" said Av
"Oh Shoot (cuss word omitted for public reading)" Kayrena says
Now that was a good time right there!! I must say we did the quickest google search ever to find out if that paint was toxic. You are the best girl!!
Love ya,
Uncle D_
Post a Comment