Thursday, September 6, 2007

When She Should Be Sleeping!

Books have been and are an important part of our parenting routine, we read a lot of them ourselves, we've always read a lot to Avonleah, and just recently she's begun to "read" to us as well where she will flip through the pages and tell the story just like she was reading, it is so cute. Anyway, the other night I came into the room to find Scott snoring peacefully, and Avonleah sitting in the middle of this heap of every single book on her shelves and with her flashlight reading each one. . . notice the 1980's inspired, off the shoulder, knotted at the waist, nightgown, it's beautiful I know! She definitely is starting to take after some of me, I remember getting busted all the time for reading with my flashlight under the covers so Dad wouldn't catch me and make me go to bed (It's okay Dad, therapy has helped me recover from this literary repression you created :)

No comments: