Swinging at Sunset Park!!
Once a week we try to spend a few hours at a park so Avonleah can socialize with someone besides Scott and I. Lately, she has begun to call these children we meet at the park, "her kids" and just as soon as her little feet hit the woodchips she is eagarly introducing herself and bossing others around:). In the end she abandons all "her kids" and is drawn into that amazing world of swings and will swing and swing and then tip her head up to the sky until her little face begins to turn white, her head starts to flop, and she looks at me with those "I'm gonna puke" eyes. She laughs and laughs and says her head and belly feel funny, takes a deep breath then always asks for another push. Standing there pushing her takes me back to the Vernon School Swing Set and trying to "swing in each other's bathtubs" and then racing to the giant strides (I'm positive these no longer exist on any playground since they about killed all of us) to see who could hold onto the cold, sweaty, and smelly steel bars while flying through the air landly only briefly before taking another giant leap into the air. It was so carefree and simple. I miss those things.
No comments:
Post a Comment