Toy Story (Must be watched daily or a small synapse will short in her head and a monster will emerge. I must admit that I do find a lot of humor in this little treasure of a movie, and to ease my guilt of letting her watch 2 hours+ of television in one sitting I argue that this little film encourages imaginative play with inanimate toys!)
"Pretty Please" said with all the emphasis on the "t's". She believes this word will either soften or encite us to the point where we will permit her every demand if only followed by those two little words.
Pretzel Sticks (Must be eaten in handfuls of no less than 25 and then strewn throughout the house like a lincoln log cabin struck by a hurricane. Note that avoiding stepping on these ever present "sticks" is impossible and leads to a powdery mess only 15 swipes of a vacuum cleaner can erase.)
"Mirror Dancing" (For those of you who do not have a two year old, maybe you have a husband like mine who also glories in this little routine. It involves standing ever so cutely in front of the full length mirror and while admiring oneself, proceeding to do a little "dance" of sorts followed by a few hops and kicks maybe a little kareoke "under my umbrella. . ella ella," and then a cute blown kiss at the end. . .this event can continue for up to an hour sometimes is my favorite spectator sport)
"I Can Do It All By MYSELF" this wonderful little construction of vernacular usually emerges as I am attempting to find a nice "matching" outfit for her to wear, and she decides that striped leggings, ladybug rainboots, princess nightgown, and a hat are the best outfit, or often I hear this lovely phrase when she is banging the mouse on the computer desk,(I can only imagine she learned that from her father) because the game has once again said, "no that is the letter V, we need the letter B, please try again." She finds other opportune times to use this little ditty like when there's a huge line behind us at the drinking fountain, we're late and she must buckle her own seatbelt, or other such moments. I suppose I should be proud of her new found independence but I'm hoping this is one of the 5 favorites that fade a little in intensity.
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Avonleah's 5 Favorites in August!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment