Thursday, July 26, 2007

Mary Bridge Hospital Stay

We had a little scare this past week, Avonleah got very sick and had to be admitted to the hospital for a few days, although it's not fun to see her "sick-ee"pictures, we are trying to share our lives moment by moment with our friends and family and we know you would have come and visited her if it was possible. She had to stay hooked up to an IV and stay in those little hospital cribs/prisons, she looked so pitiful. I admit as a mother I felt so helpless, and scared and tired.
She woke up once and asked if Daddy could say a prayer while she held his ear, and just ask Heavenly Father to make her feel better. The faith and innocence of a child is remarkable. She just had this instinct that a prayer would make everything better. I believe as adults we lose this basic powerlessness as we attribute independence to strength.

1 comment:

Sonda Bryce said...

These pictures are so pitiful. Her faith touched me... you and Scott are doing a great job if she knows that a prayer from Daddy will fix almost anything. I am so glad that she is feeling better. Hope all is well with you as I know that times like this can take a toll on a mom. Not just tired but emotionally tired too. Hope you are well. I am thinking of you and you are all in my prayers. I love ya! Sonda