It was blazing hot and humid this year and we haven't been in Washington for a few years to celebrate Independence Day so we had to come up with some fun stuff to keep the kids busy, cool, and thinking of our great country and the freedoms we enjoy.
I decided that being prego and standing around in the heat for a parade with three little girls would probably not be the most enjoyable experience even though I looooove going to parades. Instead we started the day with red/pink and blue pancakes and a trip to the local park to play before all the slides and swings got filled up and too hot to use!
The girls spent the morning opening a pattern teaching store. I love how creative they are with pattern blocks. And it keeps them occupied quietly forever . .until Abigail decides to be Godzilla and run in a wreck all their beautiful creations. . .so yes that peaceful moment was broken with a little time out for that little stinker.
We took a short hike to some local waterfalls and let's just say that steep declines and pregnancy do not mix well. I felt like I was tipping forward the whole time and looked like a complete goofball trying to keep my balance! But the waterfalls were beautiful and reminded me of our picnics to Buckaloo Springs and the 20 foot Waterfalls when I was a child. I loved going there and just hanging out for the day.
We went swimming and had water gun fights and of course Abigail practiced her tackling/wrestling moves. This girl is STRONG and it cracks me up when she tackles her big sisters down and holds them down there. They get laughing so hard and can't get her off since she's over half their weight so it's hilarious to watch!
We checked out the local Farmer's Market and even got to hold some baby bunnies!
Thank goodness Boeing decided to let Scott have a holiday off. . .we got to hang out with him for a whole three days in a row and it was deliriously fun for the girls.
Although this looks like complete daytime this is in fact at 8;30 at night, we weren't sure how long the girls could hold out to wait for fireworks so we let them do super pop its and sparklers early. As you can see Abigail is serious about throwing her pop its and sweet little Adelaide could not stand how sparklers smelled hahaha! We actually stayed up until nearly 11:00 pm watching the fireworks all over the valley. It was a beautiful show and the girls had so much fun! I think it was a great 4th of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment