This picture cracks me up because for years and years Scott and I have sat back and wondered how these teenagers take these amazing photos of themselves. These so called "selfies" are all the rage you know. I imagine some of the Young Women in my ward take at least 20 a day just to get the perfect one to post on Instagram or Twitter. Its the most ridiculous, self absorbed, egotistical endeavor I have ever witnessed, I've talked countless girls about how this fad of self portrait is really an exercise in comparison and self destructiveness. And yet I still longed to take just one good selfie so I could send it to Scott while he was at work and he would respond with a "lookin' good babe," instead of a "woah, rough day honey!" So after taking some tips from my Young Women at church I learned the art of a selfie. . .let me just share what I've learned for all the rest of you clueless people from my generation.
1. Bathroom lighting works best
2. Stand in front of a mirror, that way you can use your self facing camera and get a good glow and see all the angles.
3. Hold the camera up and to the side
4. Tilt your head to your good side
5. Watch where your eyes are looking so you don't look ridiculous
6. Don't smile too big or your face will look fat
7, Take a billion different ones so you get just the right one.
If you're still alive and your children haven't drowned in the bathtub, spilled all the rice on the floor, broken their arms, or killed each other . . .you then spend the next 15 minutes picking just the right filter, cropping out all the "fat" parts and smoothing out any blemishes and then and only then do you post a picture of yourself that is so beyond unreal that you almost feel like a liar just posting it. . . .
Needless to say, I did send this to the hubby and instead of the normal reply of "do I need to come home and help you honey?" I got a "wow, you look smokin'" So at least I'll have one selfie to brag about for years to come but it's my first and last. . .it's too much work and besides it makes the real me look really pathetic!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment