Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Finally It Snowed!!






The light dusting of the first snow in Washington is always a momentous occasion filled with excitement and with everyone scrambling to find their winter gear and boots . . .okay we don't have winter gear or boots so we wear our rain boots and call it good . . I'm too frugal to buy snow boots for the 1 or 2 snow storms we get a year.  Anyway, after the 20 minutes it took to find the warm coat/clothes/mittens/hats, the sun was peaking through the clouds trying to melt the few wisps of snow on the ground.  The girls rushed outside and had so much fun making snow angels in the driveway and trying desperately to roll a snowball.  Abigail thought it was magical and kept trying to eat all the snow off the ground.  The best part (okay it's a little sad too) was when Avonleah realized that she was freezing cold and could no longer feel her fingers and broke into dramatic screams because she thought her fingers were going to have to be amputated.  Hahahaha . . .I suppose I should explain frostbite a little more thoroughly.

No comments: