Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Papa and Boo Boo Grandma's Surprise Visit

My dear sweet (note sarcasm) doctor forbid me from taking our annual summer trip to Utah to visit Grandma and Papa and the cousins and instead stuck me on bed rest so my amazing parents drove 14 hours and came up here to have some fun and help out.  It was such a fun visit and I'm so blessed to have such amazing parents who love me and my family and have such serving hearts.
Grandma gave both my long haired princesses back to school hair trims 
Avonleah got to show off her newest accomplishment and hobby . . .cooking!  Since I've been on bedrest she has proven to be quite the little chef . . .here they are making chicken alfredo (okay it's from a frozen dinner bag but hey it still requires some work!)
Papa played endless games of dominoes and Mexican Train with the girls. . .he had so much patience and they just loved having someone so attentive and fun to play games with. 
Scott got to take a few well deserved naps after his long days since my mom was furiously cleaning and cooking and taking care of everything extra!  He and my Dad did head off for some guy time and got to go to the shooting range and eat some BBQ at Scott's favorite place.  They put together shelves and moved lots of boxes and really got a lot of unpacking done in our new place. 
I'm embarrassed to say my Dad had to sleep in Adelaide's bed and my Mom got the couch . . .I'm a horrible host I know . . .but it was fun to see this in the mornings when the girls would go to wake him up in a bunk bed.  I'm still wondering if he's been able to stretch those long legs of his out after being cramped in a bunk bed!
Grandma and Papa got a real kick out of Avonleah's favorite reading position. . .
Yes I'm 29 weeks pregnant and yes I'm as big as a small country and swollen to the max, but hey I couldn't miss an opportunity to have a picture with my beautiful and amazing mom.  She is my dearest friend and such a great example, I love her so much and I can't believe how much she still is serving me to this day. . .someday I will have to take care of her I'm sure but inthe meantime she still has enough energy for the both of us.


Adelaide spent a lot of time "texting" and "talking" to Barbie on her play phone making all of us laugh at her conversations.
These two quickly became buddies. . .Papa is a good snuggle buddy while he's reading so she'd curl up with the Ipad or a book next to him and just "chill!"  It was really cute to see this relationship bloom between them.
"There were four in the bed and the little one said, roll over, I'm crowded!!!"
Magic Milk Straws and Soy Milk . . .YUMMY

No comments: