This year's nativity reading was . . .well almost as reverent as we hoped ha ha! Of course I have a family full of jokers so we had all sorts of little surprises and over dramatic moments but it turned out really beautiful and although Darron (wiseman #1) couldn't get his pose right in for the final picture (hee hee) it was really fun to watch the whole scene come alive and remember the true meaning of Christmas. As a mother I think of the nativity and I can't help but reflect on what it must have been like for Mary to not only travel on that Donkey (ouch), but have her baby in a stable surrounded by animals and then to have people begin showing up to worship her son. What an amazing woman to realize from the beginning that Jesus was in fact not just hers but the Savior of the World. She is someone I can't wait to meet someday . . .the stories she must have to tell. My goal this year is to study about all the great women of the scriptures and to learn as much as I can so that I may emulate them in some degree.
No comments:
Post a Comment