So recently Avonleah has been in a bit of trouble at school for various reasons. . .nothing serious but actually a little comical (ssshh don't tell that I secretly chuckle after reprimanding her). Here's last weeks top 3 things she got in trouble for . . .any parenting tips are welcome
- Avonleah - (with a smirk) "I didn't earn a frog ticket today mom sorry. . ."
- me- "well what happened" (I notice her teacher moving closer to listen in)
- Avonleah - "I fell in love with the sky!"
- me - "um you fell in love with a guy?" (pls not the boy crazy phase pls pls pls)
- Avonleah - *facepalm* "No I fell in love with the SKY . . .it was just so beautiful when we went outside today and we were walking to release our caterpillars that turned into butterflies and I looked up and the sky was so blue and beautiful and I fell in love!"
- Me - *confused* - so why did you get in trouble for that?"
- Avonleah - "Well I kept holding up the line because I had to stop and stare at it and spin in the beautiful sunshine and Ashley had to keep reminding me to keep walking. . ."
- Me - hmmmm . . .what do I say, I think she may be a bit like Maria from Sound of Music
The Following Day:
- Avonleah "Well no frog tickee again today mom"
- Me "that's so sad what happened"
- Avonleah "I went on a space trip" (this refers to the fact that I always tell her to stop being a space cadet)
- Me "Oh yeah, where to?"
- Avonleah "I was dreaming about my puppy named Oreo and he was so cute and he was licking my face and jumping all around . . .and I was laughing at him and telling him to be good"
- Me "And what was your class doing"
- Avonleah "I don't know . . .that's why I got a think time duh?!"
And finally something funny
- Avonleah " Mom DeShawn has the coolest hair because he has pictures in his hair!! Last week he had a whole city and this week he had swirls . . .I love staring at his head!"
- I suppose as long as she only stares at his head then i won't worry just yet!
Adelaide has also been on quite a funny roll lately . . .
- After spinning around and around and around she stopped and said, "whew my batteries ran out!"
- She recently has discovered the art of undressing herself completely and trying to change her own diaper (awesome huh?! not!) . . .she runs in this morning stark naked and says, "If I'm MAKED I will actually be embarrassing"
I love all the funny things kids say!
No comments:
Post a Comment