Avonleah is the ultra paradox, she actually believes that she possesses "sparkle magic" that can heal any ailment or solve any problem, and she whisks it out of her pocket whenever she finds a use for it! She also believes fairies are real and that she is going to catch one someday in her fairy house. . .on the other hand she furiously studies encylopedias, checks out Bill Nye the Science Guy movies at the library and actually requested the librarian put a hold on a My First Anatomy book. Srsly I can't make this stuff up! She always surprises us with her depth of questioning and what goes on in that super smart little brain of hers. Scott and I always have to be up on our A game or be excellent researchers to answer many of her questions. Some days I am ultra jealous of parents whose children allow them to answer questions with creative answers pulled out of make believe land and because I said so world.
This week has been an extra challenging one already and I feel like I'm on a Jeopardy game . . .
Avonleah "Where did the first seeds come from? I know you'll say God created them, but I want to know how He created the first seeds for all the plants"
Okay srsly , she put ALOT of thought into that question . Just type that question into google and see what happens. . .
Avonleah "I know that boys sperm and girls eggs make a baby grow, but how do they like get together in your belly"
OH MY GOODNESS just stop thinking about it . . .am I allowed to say, I'll tell you when you're older? I think I blabbed something about Mom and Dad taking private time to do special things that make them go together . . .5 years old is way to young for the logistics srsly!
Avonleah "What does alcohol and beer and wine do to you that makes it bad for you?"
They make you act like a complete freakazoid idiot and end up in rehab like Lindsey Lohan or get arrested for being majorly annoying like Snookie!! Just kidding I didn't say that but it's true!
So the next time your kids ask you why the grass is green, where the rainbow really ends, or how the rain gets in the clouds, be so grateful you can say, "because the magic leprechauns said so!"
2 comments:
Haha your answers are the best! What a smart and inquisitive little girl.
I actually had a similar experience with my 2nd grader the other day. Here's how our conversation went...
I just picked Timmy up from school. When we got in the elevator I could smell that the last person in there was smoking in it. I started coughing and said, "Silly people smoking in the elevator." When to my surprise, Timmy said, "Daddy have you ever smoked." Needless to say I continued coughing, but not from the smoke. I debated on how to respond, but ended up saying, "Yeah, I tried it once or twice." not knowing where that would lead. He said, "It's yucky right?" I said, "Yes, extremely disgusting.“ Then he said, "Well, since you've already tried it, that means I don't need to." Never thought that would be the conclusion, but hey ya take breaks whenever and however they come.
Post a Comment