Monday, May 31, 2010

Answers to Prayers and Other Fun Stuff

We went garage sale-ing with the specific goal to find rollerskates and a new bike for Avonleah, of course in true unorganized and uncommunicating fashion Scott and I both forgot that to buy things at a garage sale you need CASH.  . .duh!  So of course we find the perfect bike, it's purple and sparkly and the perfect size(almost) and so we tell Avonleah we have to go and get some cash. The next 15 minutes plays out something like this:

Avonleah:  Maybe I'll say a prayer and Heavenly Father will save that bike for me. . .please please please let no one buy that bike . . . .AMEN

Me: You understand that if that bike isn't there when we get back it doesn't mean that God doesn't hear your prayers it's just that He knows that someone else may need that bike more than you do.  He always gives us what we need but not always what we want. . . (big lesson for a five year old)

Avonleah: But Heavenly Father knows I totally need that bike because my other one is so small and he thinks I'm super special. . .it will be there if you'll drive fast!

Thank heavens it was there and she didn't have to learn any major life lessons about disappointment today . . so here's the girls and Scott enjoying our $15 dollar find!!!

 Adelaide's new found love of "yaw yaws"  you know that sound you make to get a horse to go "Yah Yah!"  Took me a good couple hours to figure that out and she can't ride her horse without a hat! 
I spiced up the girls' water with a little umbrella hoping it would bring on the sunshine vibes, unfortunately it is still rain rain rain. . .blah!

1 comment:

Erica Shurter said...

Too cute... It is hard for kids to understand, but good for you for being a great parent and teaching your kids those lessons!
I'm sorry it's raining so much up there, but it will be so beautiful and green up there, where it is all going to be dried up and burning down here if we don't get some rain... please send some of it down here! And don't be jealous of us, we do mostly things that are free, otherwise we couldn't do anything! My husband won tickets to the carnival off the radio or we wouldn't have gone! and the lake is just a hop skip and a jump from our house! Are you coming down any time soon to see your grandparents or brohter??? I'm dying to see you and meet your adorable girls!!!! :)