Saturday, October 3, 2009

We went to the dam, to get some dam water!!

My older brother and I used to burst into fits of laughter when my mom would teasingly say, "I went to the dam, to get some dam water, but the dam man wouldn't give me any dam water. . ." We thought it was hilariously shocking that she would actually utter a swear word, even in jest! Anyway, because fall is crispy in the air and the leaves are driftily falling everywhere and changing into glorious shades of yellows and reds we took our girls to the dam. . . dam! Mud Mountain Dam that is!
We collected leaves and Avonleah made up a dance routine with leaves as pom poms
Adelaide explored the droplets of water on these brilliant red leaves
Adelaide decided that swinging was alright . . .as long as we didn't push her!
Our little puppy dog got tired climbing up the final steps of the hike
Scott beckoning us to come over to the dark side (note the sign) and Avonleah questioning his judgement
Secret forts were discovered
Scenery was enjoyed
And out of the foliage with great speed and stealth burst My Edward attempting to feast on the pale white skin of my neck! Luckily my girlish charms and apparent lazy eye convinced him to wait until later for a "taste."

Hand in hand they discovered giant mushrooms
And we made family memories that won't soon be forgotten! I love my little family and the true joy they bring to me.

4 comments:

curly girl said...

I've been missing you lately and then - duh - tonight I realized that just b/c I completely slacked off my blog during the summer, perhaps you did not?! How fun to get "caught up" with the Betts' Business! :) I love reading along and smiling and just hearing little Avonleah's voice in my head...love you guys!

Afuvai Family said...

I love the one of your Edward jumping in the air! Pretty scary! And Adelaide's face as she studies the leaves! You guys are such a beatiful family. I love you and miss you.

D and M said...

You have the cutest little family. You make my day with every new post. I know it takes a lot of time and effort but Thank You for sharing.

Uncle Dy_

Laura said...

You are so lucky to have seen Edward and then have him bite you on the neck! But I still think we need our trip to Forks. ;)