Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hanging Out at Boo Boo Grandma and Papa's!

Cutesy skirt Boo Boo Grandma made the granddaughters

Ella and Avonleah in a bucket of water and bubbles . . .they played out here for at least 3 hours
Uncle D and Adelaide snoozing
Ella helping me babysit!
When I was little my favorite thing to do in the whole world was to spend time with my Grandma Neena and Papa. I always felt so loved, so safe and so spoiled. Grandma always made the eggs the way I liked them and never made me eat tuna fish sandwiches. She let me eat popcorn with extra butter with Papa, and Papa would pay me a quarter to comb his hair. I'd get out the comb and a glass of water and I'm sure I must have dripped all the water clear down his shirt until he was soaked but I always earned a quarter. At night they would let me string buttons and we made homemade glue with flour and water to do cut and paste projects Grandma made up. After my baths Grandma could comb my long tangly hair so carefully that it never even hurt. I remember feeding the chickens and getting the eggs. . .and sneaking strawberries from the strawberry patch when she wasn't looking. She always let me help her cook and she had a secret corner of her room with special games just for visiting grandkids. She let me search through the "junk drawer" and often let me keep a treasure or two I found in there. But most importantly she would just talk to me. As I got older I visited my Grandma nearly every week and we would just talk about anything and everything, and now we still talk on the phone often. She is full of wisdom and humor, she has survived insurmountable trials and yet still trudges forward with faith and hope. I am so blessed to have her as my dear friend and to be blessed with great grandparents. I hope that Avonleah and Adelaide make the best memories with their grandparents and have amazing experiences to build their lives upon too.

No comments: