Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bal-la-lay Day!

Avonleah patiently waited until "seven, dot, dot, three, zero, A (7:30 am)" to begin prying open my eyelids this morning because she is graciously becoming increasingly aware of the fact that big prego mommy needs extra sleeps to be happy and I'm much nicer when I'm rested! When I finally got my gargantuan stomach out of bed she began hopping around singing "bal-la-lay day, bal-la-lay day!" That's her fancy word for ballet and today was a special day where one of her friends invited her to be a guest at her ballet class. Her friend packed two outfits for her to choose from and apparently we have reverted into the black phase again as she chose the black ballerina costume instead of the pink one, at least she looks cute in black right?! I imagine I will never hear the end of her pleads now as to why she can't be in "bal-la-lay class" and how I "never let [her] do anything." But she had so much fun and I'm glad she got to experience a dance class with her friend. She wanted me to take a picture with her because we were "twinners" in our black so enjoy my embarrassment as I unveil yet another unwieldy picture of my pregnancy belly gone wild (can it really get any bigger!)

3 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

How stinkin' cute is that?! I love the bal-la-lay! So cute! :)

Kristen said...

Wow! I can't believe that you are due so soon. I know that it doesn't feel that way to you. Good luck with everything. Let me know if I can do anything for you. We would love to have Avonleah over to play.

Shauna said...

Kayrena,
Adalyn loved having Avonleah come with her to class & I have a feeling that ballet class just won't be the same without her this week. We just love Avonleah & I am so glad that Adalyn has her as her friend! I watched Avonleah sing "The Chubby Little Snowman" song three times, because it was so cute. You would crack up if you saw the preschool class sing it together. They sing it at all different paces until they get to the "Nibble, Nibble, Crunch!" part & then they scream it altogether, with a lot of giggles to follow. I am glad you captured Avonleah singing the song on video. Hope you are doing well. One more week! Hang in there!