Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve Celebration!


Looking back at my childhood, I don't remember a lot of the details of Christmas mornings, but I remember vividly the experiences of Christmas Eve. I've waited for 31 years to get to play Mary in our family Nativity, and have always been replaced by whoever has a baby or is pregnant or has a husband to play Joseph. . .this year I finally got to be Mary! (although from the pictures you can see that Avonleah quickly stole my role and looked darling being "mary" herself) So we donned our outfits fashioned out of pajama pants, colorful robes, rags and a disguised baby girl doll and did our best to represent the holy family. I had the added advantage of being "big with child" myself so it all held a significant importance to me as I thought of the events that brought our Savior Jesus Christ into the world. What a glorious experience it must have been. Christmas Eve has also included family caroling around the piano and although we were few in numbers this year I got to sing a duet with my littlest sister which is something I've never been able to do since we are 14 years apart and have spend much of our lives away from each other. The feelings of joy and love that I feel for my family are only compounded by sharing special experiences like this. (The last picture is Avonleah showing off her new robe that Grandma Kim sent her to open this night. . .she said "oh green is my favorite color TODAY!")

1 comment:

slaughter said...

So cute! Brings back fond memories of Christmas Celebrations at The Vernon School! Hope your holidays were great! You are ready for that precious girl to arrive soon I bet!!