Monday, August 18, 2008

Bonney Lake Days

Saturday's 94 degree heat accompanied by 40% humidity made me feel like the melting wicked witch of the west when Dorothy throws the bucket of water on her. It was sweltering and I was dreaming of air conditioned, freezing cold rooms that only Arizona seems to offers. In the midst of this torture I got the grand idea that we should head to Bonney Lake Days and see what our little town had to offer. From this grand adventure yet another fault of my parenting skills was pointed out when we went through the fire safety house and found out that Avonleah didn't even know what a smoke detector was . . .somehow I've forgotten to teach that important lesson, we of course, looked like fantastic parents ready to ruin not one but two children! The best part was when the firemen were having the kids check the door for heat and then opening it to see if there was smoke so we could find an alternate escape route. They of course had fake fog billowing up the stairs and Avonleah thought we were in a full on fire and freaked out and I had to carry her down the incredibly small ladder to safety, I was praying I wouldn't fall and have to have the incredibly cute young firefighter catch me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great news about your little. The picture of you and Scott just made me smile so big. You guys look so great! We continue to say our prayers for you and think of you often. We love you and wish we were closer. There are days I could deffinately use a few laughs from Scott! Ha! Maybe like....Tuesday when the hurricane intends to hit our city. Send a joke out for me :) LOVE you all!