Friday, February 22, 2008

Birdy ABC's Anyone?


I'm beginning to wonder whether I am insane or if Avonleah is teetering on the edge of fantasy world retardation. . .I no longer have a human child who speaks real words! Scott and & I spent three years trying to coax sounds out of her that had some semblance of understandable English, just enough mind you so that I could stop being a little parrot interpreter that followed her around in case she actually had to be understood by anyone. Now suddenly she cannot speak, in fact just this morning I literally had a dog. . .a jumping . . .licking . . .barking dog, who refused to say anything besides, "woof woof" and no matter how much I threatened to beat some sense into her she responded with only "woof woof, " or "puppy wants a puppy treat woof woof." By mid-day "puppy" had been sent to the pound for euthanization and "kitty" came slinking over to my leg . . . sweet, cute kitty that licks it's paws and rubs itself on my leg while making meowing sounds that make me want to hurl myself over a cliff! Today a new friend arrived . . . "little bird" came to sing ABC's and I managed to coax out a little human singing before she began to trail off into fantasy world again. . .maybe it's enough proof that those preschool moments together are actually working.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm...I have no words...her sweet little voice is to die for. There are days that I would love, love, love nothing but a barking little puppy (Even with the jumping) that only said "WOOF, WOOF". I think that would be heavenly! Tru has been singing the great 80's lately. "We're not gonna take it, NO we aren't gonna take it, We're not gonna take it ANYMORE!".....which might I add totally fits his personality BUT...a sweet little bird singing the ABC's would be great! Hugs to you all!

Isaac said...

Dude you are not alone. We have taken the boys to the zoo a couple of times in the last few weeks and now Taylor speaks fluent Walrus.

Jensons said...

Emma is frequently "ruffy" the dog, who will speak when needed in a dog accent, and Sage has taken to being "meow-meow" the kitty. They will follow each other around all day, crawling and pretending. I like it, then I can get things done...... I bet Avonleah is a beautiful puppy.