Monday, January 14, 2008

"RRRRR Matey!"

I grew up in a world where we wore pink curlers to bed, rode in covered wagons, and used underwear on our heads to protect the curlers from falling out so we'd look fabulous for the big Barn Dance! I have evolved only somewhat from my country roots, and have been know to painfully force Avonleah to don the dreaded pink curlers the night before a party or church revival meeting. Note that I did shop around for "pink curlers" not the yellow or green ones, as either would not have properly exhibited the childhood ritual that must be carried on for some unknown reason. Anyway, in this moment of pink curler madness Avonleah sallied forth to yet another level of madness by accessorizing the "pink curler underwear head look" with, in her own words, "silly pirate teeth." Hmmm, have I somehow damaged her with the weight of the curlers? I blame it all on her father, please note crazed picture below.

1 comment:

curly girl said...

Just got your email and had to click on your blog link. Very fun, and I read them all, while enjoying your playlist, of course!