Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Petri Dishes!

I know it is not normal to look at these beautiful little darlings and think anything except happy, positive and heart warming thoughts. Today on the other hand, I look at them and have visions of nose digging, dirty handed, germ ridden little petri dishes. After a brief stint in front of the television enjoying snippets of "Ratatouille" followed by a high pitched screaming game called, "run from the rat," they began their culinary compositions. Avonleah kept informing us that she was our "cooker" and like "Linguini" she had a rat under her hair that helped her be a good "cooker." The real kicker is that after completing their dishes I was required to taste these "meals." My OCD kicked into high gear as they came toward me with their germy little fingers holding the licked by every child fake food pieces demanding that I just try the yummy stuff. Only a mother can understand how you can forgo your urge to scream cruel and distasteful things while running for dear life from the impending e coli virus. Ah the joys of motherhood. Note, these are Avonleah's cousins Hayden and Cohen.

2 comments:

Jensons said...

Your blog is really cool! Avonleah is so big, her hair is sooooo long. She is gorgeous. It is good to hear about you guys. Keep the post coming, including more pictures of you Kayreena.

Anonymous said...

Oh so funny...I am a major germ phob so I can just see you and know that I too would be running for dear life, the boys would be laughing thinking it was great fun to chase me and really I would be REALLY scared and worried of what I would come down with after the attacked of germ infested fake food. You crack me up. Did you ever get my e-mail? spseekins@consolidated.net. Hugs to you.