
Happy Birthday Dad We Love You!

My Dad has this dream that one day we will all hole up in a studio and record a Rohrer Von Trapp Family Singers Album in honor of him and his birthday. I must first note that although some of us can sing quite well, we are no where close to recording an album together. In lieu of this discovery we all banded together for his birthday and pulled out the ever popular XBox game "RockBand" and put together an awesome version of Bon Jovi's "Dead or Alive and a killer rendition of "Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Although I would normally not recommend video games, this is a fabulous way to bond all the familial generations together for a party! Note that some coordination is required but if you lack musical aptitude this is still a hilariously fun game.


Now that you have all imagined how pretty it must have been to hear my voice screaming out aerosmith lyrics, I bring to light another tradition in our family that must be stopped. The ever popular game of "nertz" has been played in the Gillespie family for years and years. This game is the deal breaker in my marriage. Seriously, Scott and I cannot play this game as a team. I turn into "Monica" from the TV show "Friends" screaming obscenities and threatening him if he doesn't start moving a little faster. This birthday party was no exception as I scared all other participants from being my partner by my crazed antics. I need a new partner for this traditional game. . .I cannot bear to lose anymore and watching the blissful newlyweds Jake and Vanessa flow smoothly in winning positions solidifies that perhaps I married the wrong person! (That is sarcasm in case anyone was misled!)
No comments:
Post a Comment