Friday, November 30, 2007

O Christmas Tree

I am in love with Christmas the way that I was in love with my first boyfriend in college, whose name I will not divulge :) as the sheer admittance of it will evoke the embarrassing giddiness that no self respecting wife and mother should ever reveal! It's new and exciting and obsesses me each and every year. The smells of fresh pine boughs, cinnamon, wassail and oranges, the cheesy traditional music, the way the stores look all covered in decorations, the christmas lights strung on houses in the various versions of Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation style, the beautiful trees, and the candy and food, I'm head over hills for it all! Scott being more of the "bah humbug Scrooge" sort isn't into all the fanciful things and constantly acts as if I have asked him to jump off a cliff or run straight into oncoming traffic when I request some Christmas Cheer from him. Who doesn't want to tune the TV to the Yule log screen with never ending Christmas Music each and every day from Thanksgiving to New Years? Doesn't everyone take every opportunity to deck the halls with boughs of holly and put up a Christmas Tree in every room? This year we have a bit of a different circumstance and I have had to settle for this cute little tree on my dresser. . .but I am not cured of my obsession. . .next year watch out. Oh and for the record, I am deeply in love with my husband in case any of you were led astray by the aforementioned comment.

No comments: