The menacing rains of October hit our neighborhood and threatened to ruin our planned outdoor activities today, but we laughed in the face of adversity and got gussied up for an afternoon of puddle stomping. When Avonleah arrived at the front door in not only rainboots, but reindeer antlers, the favorite shirt (because it has a secret pocket on the sleeve) and flowered leggings, my first impulse was to hurriedly scurry her back into the house and have a lengthy talk about the obvious lapse of judgement this mixture of an outfit represented. . . But you can see she was so determined to just get out and get started on the ever important task of stomping in all the deepest and dirtiest puddles . . I couldn't stop her! And of course, look at her utter excitement upon finding out she can now abandon all restraint in heeding outfit matching rules and waiting until Christmas for reindeer antlers. . .:)
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
What a great fall activity!!! And she is dressed perfectly!!!! Gramma Kim
The look on her face exudes PURE BLISS! Oh how I wish I took more opportunities to enjoy things like this. I seem to find I enjoy it through my kids....which is great but we all need a little dance in the rain now and then right? She is so sweet!
3 comments:
What a great fall activity!!! And she is dressed perfectly!!!! Gramma Kim
The look on her face exudes PURE BLISS! Oh how I wish I took more opportunities to enjoy things like this. I seem to find I enjoy it through my kids....which is great but we all need a little dance in the rain now and then right? She is so sweet!
Damn!! I so want to splash in the puddles with her. That looks like so much fun and even better with the antlers. Oh yeah baby!!
UDC
Post a Comment