So for some time now Scott has worked a second shift so we don't have him at home when the kids go to bed but we have him longer in the mornings, consequently the girls don't ever get to welcome him home from work, they only get to say goodbye. And so they have turned the goodbye into this grand sort of send off! They sit on this front porch and LOUDLY wave and say "Bye, Bye Dad, Good Bye Daddy" It is so darling and I'm sure the neighbors absolutely adore us. The best is how he keeps him arm out the window waving furiously back until he's all the way down the drive and out of sight! I love this daily ritual. . .I want a grand send off . . .of may they could do a big cheer when I actually get out of bed at 7:00 or at least before my second alarm goes off at 7:15!
No comments:
Post a Comment