Friday, February 22, 2013

Valentine's Day and Adelaide's Birthday

It's kind of a miraculous blessing that Adelaide's birthday is on Valentine's Day.  It saves Scott and I from falling into that trap of unrealistic expectations of ones' spouse on this romantical day.  We usually forgo anything spectacular for each other in exchange for celebrating our 2nd amazing little girl! Let's be honest that most men only really want one thing for Valentine's Day anyway. . .our undying love and affection of course . . .hee hee.  We did a few things for the girls to celebrate this day and studied about it in school to solidify why we even celebrate this day and then the rest of the day was devoted to Adelaide.  Now let me just say that I had no idea that Adelaide was a control freak. . .and I mean that in the nicest use of the word possible I promise, but this little girl had a vision for her birthday and was determined to make sure that we made her birthday play out just like she envisioned.  Here were her two biggest demands in her own words:
  1. "you have to turn out all of the lights and everyone get down under the table and then make sure there's the FIRE on the chocolate chocolate, you know dark chocolatey cupcakes.  Then when I come around the corner you yell SURPRISE!"  (we did not do a good enough job on the first attempt at this and she melted into a cry so we had to redo the surprise BAHAHA!)
  2. After opening her gift of a horse with a saddle and blanket which she adored she got really quiet and said, "I think I just need one more present that like I love so much I wanna kiss the box.. .you know like a real horse!" (I so need to live by my mom because she throws the best exciting parties and Adelaide would be so much more thrilled. . .uggghh. . but srsly a real horse, ummm no.)
So after all the drama we also let her choose an activity we could do on the weekend together and she chose to go to tot skate. . .which turned into a full hour of Avonleah having an absolutely exhilerating experience and Adelaide crying her eyes out because she thought that she "would just skate fast and not walk". . .oh the perfectionism in this little girl! 
Four things about Adelaide you may or may not know
  1. She is an amazing singer, she has an uncanny ability to learn the words to songs and requests songs to be played by singing me full lines from the song.
  2. She is an amazing organizer and cleaner and loves to help me cook and clean.
  3. She made a goal to learn how to read at the beginning of the year and is currently reading small books like "hop on pop"
  4. She has this amazing sense of nurturing, she holds abigail patiently even when she's crying and never gets frustrated if she has to wait while we tend to her sisters.  She has a really giving and loving heart.










No comments: