Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Swimsuit Issue!

For all of you thinking this was going to be one of "those swimsuit issues" shame on you . . .this isn't that kind of blog ha ha! Instead I pose another question of modesty... *gasp*  Yep I'm ready for your opinions so fire away I'm ready!

I recently read that  the LDS church is calling for members to share of their media creations including videos, music, and photography at lds.create.org. What a fun and exciting way for budding artists to get there stuff out there and share of their amazing talents!  While reading through all the rules I came across the following paragraph . .

"Also the subject of photos should be dressed modestly. For example, adults or children in swimming suits are not appropriate. Children in sundresses or diapers cannot be used."

So if swimsuits are not considered appropriate modest wear, what are modest (and cute) alternatives to swimwear so we may enjoy summer fun in a modest way?

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm wondering if they aren't necessarily "inappropriate" themselves, but inappropriate to be on public display for all to see/oogle. Maybe like, wearing my PJ's is ok in my house, but not really appropriate to be out in public shopping... unless it's Walmart baby!! Kidding. I'd NEVER. ;)