Let's just say last night went a little like this . . .
11:30 pm - I head to bed sooooo proud of myself for getting to bed before midnight, only to find my bed crowded with one snoring ogre and two wiggly little girls. Send Avonleah back to bed and put Adelaide back to sleep and go sleep on the couch because my ogre husband cannot stop snoring tonight.
1:30 am - Avonleah wanders out telling me she's already completed #1 and #2 of her chore pack (srsly girl did you not think to look at the window and notice it's DARK outside. Spend the next hour trying to get her to settle down and go back to sleep
2:30 - 3:45 am - Watch infomercials and reruns on TV trying to fall asleep myself,
3:45 am - Scott wakes up for work and stomps around half alseep trying to get out the door ontime
4:15 am - Scott calls from the parking lot to tell me that the car door has been open and the dome light was on so I'd need to call someone to come and jump
4:30 am - When I get inside Avonleah is sitting in the living room fully dressed, lunch packed and teeth brushed ready to go . . .it was cute and annoying all at the same time . . .and then Adelaide wanders in walking like a drunk sailor because she's still half asleep.
I GIVE UP and put on a movie and fall asleep on the couch. . .when I awake to my alarm at 7:30 am I'm sleeping on the living room floor and both girls are sprawled out next to me HA HA HA!
I love parenting especially when I get to pull an all nighter . . .It's like reliving my college days!
We did make it out the door on time, we didn't get to wear our new outfits because it was blazing hot but Avonleah LOVED being a first grader (except for when the big girls in the bathroom wouldn't share the hand whirldryer!)
Adelaide spent hours today lining up squinkies and playing so quietly I almost forgot I had children
Then she came in looking like this and growling . . .she says this is her lion costume!
Made it home from school . . .notice the missing shoe, wait those are entirely different shoes, we may need to talk about taking care of personal items and not trading your shoes to the school bully....hmmm srsly where are her shoes!
No comments:
Post a Comment