Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mating What?!

After watching "Human Planet" on the Discovery Channel, I must have dozed because I missed the portion of the show that sparked this conversation. . .

Avonleah: Mom that tribe in Africa has to mate a lot during the rainy season so they will continue to have enough babies
Me: *cough/clear throat* Really? 
Avonleah: But they don't mate with just their married wifes. . .the males find a female just for one night so there is lots of pregnancies
Me: *srsly dumbstruck* Wow that's a lot different than what we believe in right?
Avonleah: But like if a wife couldn't get pregnant her husband could go find someone else to mate with so there would be babies right?
Me: *facepalm* No definitely not okay. . .if that happens they adopt!!  So uh how's your new Junie B. Jones book

Srsly this child is going to be a doctor or something scientific don't you like how she calls it "mating" it's hilarious it's like a biology lesson!  I love her and her inquisitive little mind.

For the record I went back and watched the show and there was a portion about how these tribesmen do a crazy dance to win the heart of a female for one evening. . .hmmm back to Disney Channel.

1 comment:

Lexi said...

Oh man this made me laugh so hard. What a funny little girl!