There are many women out there who don't agree with my lifestyle of being a stay at home mother. . .they think I'm downsizing my potential and wasting my intellect. There are many people who criticize the fact that I don't assist my husband financially who find it absolutely crazy that we stretch our budget to the "surviving on faith alone" point because our priority is to keep me home raising our children. And there are many who disagree with me on being a "Mother Who Knows" . . .a mother who embraces the creed that our General Relief Society President stated . . .she said,
- Mother's Who Know Bear Children (or desire to bear children)
- Mothers Who Know Honor Sacred Ordinances and Covenants
- Mothers Who Know Are Nurturers
- Mothers Who Know Are Leaders
- Mothers Who Know Are Teachers
- Mothers Who Know Do Less (They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally)
- Mothers Who Know Stand Strong and Immovable
On Saturday night our church held it's annual General Relief Society Meeting for all the women and I was assured that what I am doing right now. . .all the diaper changes, and late nights, and having no time to myself except when I lock myself in the bathroom, the emotional eating because my 5 year old has told me I am the "worst mother ever" or my 1 year old has poured the entire box of Cheerios on the floor and proceeded to smoosh each one . . .and especially the tender moments when they kiss my cheeks and run into my arms, when they kneel down and say their prayers and say thank you for their family. . .this is what life is about for me.
In the meeting Sister Beck spoke about understanding who we are and our roles and how to set priorities from our past, saying that next year we’ll be studying the history of Relief Society, I'm super excited to learn about great women in the Church who have paved the way for me. Sister Allred spoke about the atonement and the importance of prayer, scripture study, obedience and service as women. Sister Thompson spoke about the importance of being a Visiting Teacher and promised us that we would feel better about ourselves if we would serve others. And finally our prophet President Monson talked about not being judgmental. He talked about the importance of being truly charitable. He said that we should have the kind of charity that forgives, is patient, is sympathetic, compassionate and merciful at ALL TIMES especially during times of weakness or errors. It was just an amazing night and I'm blessed to be enriched by these loving leaders. . .
I am never offended by opinions about my life as a mother because for me this is what I know I am supposed to be doing. . .everyone is unique and has a unique situation and I am blessed to be able to stay at home with my children all day . . .I am grateful for the testimony I have of the importance of being a "Mother Who Knows"
I am never offended by opinions about my life as a mother because for me this is what I know I am supposed to be doing. . .everyone is unique and has a unique situation and I am blessed to be able to stay at home with my children all day . . .I am grateful for the testimony I have of the importance of being a "Mother Who Knows"
No comments:
Post a Comment