

Saturday mornings used to be that coveted time where Scott and I would sleep in late snuggled down in the covers relishing in the prospect that we had nothing to do for a whole day! There's a part of me that sometimes misses those carefree "all about me" days but I wouldn't trade my beautiful girls for anything. So nowadays we sometimes get to sleep in until 8 am on Saturday if we bribe Avonleah to watch an extra cartoon and get herself her own pop tart for breakfast. After which she clambers onto the bed and squeezes in the middle of us loudly pronouncing that it's a sunny, beautiful day and we should rise and shine! That little voice and smile in the morning is priceless and even when I can't seem to pry my eyelids open, her little fingers help pry them open for me and she plants a slobbery pop tart riddled kiss on my cheek and I remember how much I love being a mother. This past Saturday we braved the world of the roller rink once again and treated Avonleah to a Tiny Tots skate session complete with the roller hokey pokey and a free "chilly willy (slushee)." Of course since Adelaide is only 1 month old I was sidelined but Avonleah and Scott had a great time and I love seeing my first daughter growing into such an amazing little person.
No comments:
Post a Comment