Wikipedia defines the nesting instinct by "a strong urge to clean and organize one's home, and is one reason why couples who are expecting a baby often reorganize, arrange, and clean the house and surroundings." I'd say that is a gross understatement of the crazed and ridiculous behavior that has emerged in the past two days. I have organized and reorganized until there is no rhyme or reason to anything, I have folded and re-folded teeny tiny onesies and socks until they need to be washed again because they no longer retain their delicious laundry soap smell (which seems ultimately important at this juncture), and I have packed literally tons of boxes of books and toys and needless clutter away because. . .well just because. As for the part about "couples who are expecting" in my case my husband although patiently trying to be helpful and kind is not so secretly annoyed at this behavior and the strain it puts on him as I ask him to move boxes and furniture and then move them right back to the same place they just came from only hours later. Of course this nesting thing is accompanied by bouts of tears over anything and everything from "I'll never get this all done in time" to "I'm never gonna have this baby and I'll be huge and pregnant forever", it's beginning to be a bit worrisome . . .as for Avonleah Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Nesting Instinct
Wikipedia defines the nesting instinct by "a strong urge to clean and organize one's home, and is one reason why couples who are expecting a baby often reorganize, arrange, and clean the house and surroundings." I'd say that is a gross understatement of the crazed and ridiculous behavior that has emerged in the past two days. I have organized and reorganized until there is no rhyme or reason to anything, I have folded and re-folded teeny tiny onesies and socks until they need to be washed again because they no longer retain their delicious laundry soap smell (which seems ultimately important at this juncture), and I have packed literally tons of boxes of books and toys and needless clutter away because. . .well just because. As for the part about "couples who are expecting" in my case my husband although patiently trying to be helpful and kind is not so secretly annoyed at this behavior and the strain it puts on him as I ask him to move boxes and furniture and then move them right back to the same place they just came from only hours later. Of course this nesting thing is accompanied by bouts of tears over anything and everything from "I'll never get this all done in time" to "I'm never gonna have this baby and I'll be huge and pregnant forever", it's beginning to be a bit worrisome . . .as for Avonleah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ooooh, would you please, please come to my house?! We just let the girls move into different bedrooms and they are in SUCH need of organization!
Post a Comment