Saturday, April 5, 2008

False Sense of Security?!

Maybe it was the unmentioned and unsolved mystery of the diet coke swig that made me pass out (seriously) yesterday, or perhaps it was the hours of inspirational media on BYU TV watched earlier today that lulled me into a false sense of security, but in this brief moment, my life as a mother feels perfect. Sitting in the sink, all tired eyed with her hand threateningly ready to throw Floxy at me, she just looks so adorable. Watching her, I realize today that once again she is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me in my life. She is the pinnacle of any greatness I have or once had, wrapped in one little package. She has little pieces of me that remind me of the good in myself and other little pieces that spotlight my flaws just enough to realize that I am a work in progress. She is the reason that I wake up everyday smiling, because no matter what unrelenting tragedies and trials beset my existence she is the solution to my pain. Being her mother reminds me of the strength that lies within me.

3 comments:

curly girl said...

Wow, girl. You sure summed it up! Didn't you love Elder Ballard's talk to the young mothers today?!?

Sonda Bryce said...

Saw a pic of you on Nessa's blog and I just have to say you look smokin' hot! Way to go! You inspired me! I LOVE YOU! Sonda

Anonymous said...

She is once again, sassy and sweet looking, and if I could reach through the screen and bite her cheek I would...just enough though, that I could squeeze her, tell her I was sorry and get her to sing the birdie abc's for me :) Isn't it funny how the are such a realization and reflection of truths about ourselves? Hugs to you and thanks for your e-mail!