Happy Birthday to Me!!
Well I've officially become "older!" As I was re-living my youth through Friends and Dawson's Creek reruns last night I realized how overly pessimistic I was being about this landmark of age I was facing. . .so, at 2:30 a.m., I grabbed one of those big yellow legal pads and came up with a list of 30 things I hope to accomplish in my 30th year of life (I will spare you the tediousness of having to share in reading those 30 things and save myself from a life of loserdom if I don't accomplish them in the next 365 days), but I wrote them down for myself nonetheless with the anticipation/dedication to really cross each one off. I suppose I was not quite prepared for how this birthday would affect me, but with the grace of someone who is still stumbling through life like a turtle on a speedbump, I faced this glorious occassion. It turned out to be a great day with surprise visits, phone calls, cake batter ice cream, and Emmalene even sent me "Shag" on DVD so I can remember what it felt like to just be a little rebellious and young!! So here's to 30 years of life experiences behind me and hopefully 30 more to come!! Someone once said that you're 30's are way better than your 20's and they better be right because I have a list of 30 things to get accomplished and I need a little good fortune and luck!!
2 comments:
Way to celebrate you and all that you are! I find myself anxious at the reality of "30" as well. But the fact that you made it and came out on the other end with a little excitement and hope for a great year gives me hope! I love you. You have always been a great example to me and helped me to get through those speedbumps. I was in Thatcher this weekend and all the weeds at the Love Shack were grown so you almost couldn't see the front door. Made me remember some fun times.... I love you!
Another year older and wiser too...happy birthday to you! The closer I get to 30 the more I dread it...I am not sure why but I wouldn't rather go back so I guess it is a must that we look forward and put one foot in front of the other. Happy birthday to you.
P.S. Tru thinks Avonleah is cute ;D
Post a Comment