Everything finally came to a terrible low point in mid September. My kidney stone collection was becoming ridiculously large and I had another surgery and got my stents changed and some stones blasted and I thought everything was going to be ok for awhile. But one night I got really really sick with a kidney infection and by the time I got to the hospital it had turned septic, they couldn't stabilize my blood pressure or keep my oxygen sat stable, I wasn't responding to things so they put not one but two huge IV's in my arms and were pumping me with loads of stuff and I literally almost died, it was the first time throughout all of these past 9 months I finally felt really scared and really more aware about how acute my situation really was. Through the miracles of medicine and the power of the priesthood I was able to recover more quickly than expected and only had to stay a few days in the ICU. I got to come home with a disgusting nephrostomy bag hanging out of my back and I felt really unwell. Apparently the rest of the story goes something like this. While I was being admitted to the hospital, my family got word and all my brothers and sisters started group messaging and planning and working together and within 24 hours they had my mom here in Washington. She ended up staying with me for a whole month. . .and I've never been so grateful for her in my entire life. She was so amazing and took such amazing care of my children. . .knowing that she was caring for things and teaching school and everything else gave me "permission" to sleep and begin to heal. It was and is still a really rough road. She is an amazing woman, I am so blessed to have her as my mom.
After literally sleeping for two weeks my mom told me I should take a picture. . .I look healthy right?!
This is "nephee" my disgusting nephro bag I had to have for awhile to drain my kidneys
One of my weekly collections . .gross I know
No comments:
Post a Comment