Monday, September 17, 2007
I Did Clean Up The Markers!!
Avonleah can no longer hear a word I say unless of course I spell out words like "C-A-N-D-Y," or get down in front of her face and force her to look at me. She lives in this alternate universe where half of the time I think she's developed her own friends, language, and dance moves. It's like a secret society that I am not permitted to enter. If I perchance step into the bounds of this little world she falls on the floor in utter toddler protest or literally screams gibberish words that I can only imagine mean things like, "I hate you for interrupting my friends and I" or "You are the world's craziest mother" these things are probably better for me not to hear and she know it so therefore, she continues in her gibberish language, make believe friends and made up songs. The major problem happens when it's time to clean up, after 10 minutes of bargaining, yelling, and frustratedly starting to throw the markers into the box myself, she grabs the last two on the floor, plops in the box nonchalantly gnawing on one as if nothing is up and says, "I did clean up the markers" in the matter of fact sassy tone . . .anyone in the market for 2 1/2 year olds?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment